I haven't done an update in a few days so I figured it was time.
The progress I've made isn't huge, but its enough to post about.
First off, I had some problems with the joystick, so I had to replace it. Works perfect now.
I also had Issues with the capacitors on the DD mobo not fitting into the case as a result of the mounts underneath the main motherboard. When I mounted the main motherboard, I thought it would be a good idea to leave a few millimeters of air space so air can get to other parts of the system easier. But a consequence of that was now I have extended the plastic around the sides of the system by 0.5cm. It's not a huge deal, but it does add to the width.
On a more positive note, I have made mounts for the A, B, X, Y, Z, Turbo, Start, and D-pad buttons. All made with screws
for easy access if any repair work needs to be done. That doesn't mean I expect to have to repair this, It's just in case anything does go wrong.
I also replaced the plastic under the DD lid so that I could cut and shape it easily around the ABXY buttons.
Also, I will be doing bondo work soon.
ABXY from the top
All completed mounts from the back
And lastly, I am amazed by how perfectly round the C-stick hole is! And that was entirely
with my dremel
Next I will be making mounts for the joystick and maybe the C-stick. I've been debating whether or not to use the PSP joystick instead and paint it yellow.
On one hand the original C-stick gives a more "Gamecube" feel to the system.
On the other hand the PSP joystick is SO much smaller, it would fit very very nicely, and even give me an extra bit of room
I could add in more functionality then.
Also, I plan to add in an AV out using the original GC Av cable so that this can be used as a home console as well.
If I haven't mentioned this before, I am adding in 2 controller ports, and a switch to switch between the internal controller and the P1 controller port.
For power, I will be using a rocker switch from amazon.com to give it a cleaner look. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it yet. I was thinking either the back or at the very top middle, right below the hinge.If there's one thing I've learned from this project, It's that my dremel is my best friend in the world!!!
Comments and Crits. are welcome!